WHO WILL BE AFFECTED?
By the time the new system is fully in place, 2017, it will affect 19 million people and particularly:
- disabled people
- people on long-term sickness
- families on low income and their children
- people living in rented accommodation
- unemployed people
- single parents
The Labour Group on Thanet District Council is also worried that many questions still remain such as:
- what documents will they need and where will they take them locally?
- If and where will there be a Universal Credit office?
- how does someone get face to face advice and help if they have a problem?
COUNCIL TAX BENEFIT
LOCAL LABOUR COUNCILLORS will do everything we can to defend the Welfare State as a symbol of a just and civilised society that looks after people who find themselves in a difficult situation through no choice of their own.