- Road closures will be in place on the A256 in the vicinity of the towers for a maximum of 1 hour.
- There will be no access for through traffic between the north junction with the A256 Sandwich By-pass and the new Sevenscore Roundabout, whilst the works are being carried out.
- It is suggested that drivers should consider alternative routes, as long delays are expected in the area. A contingency alternative route will be brought in to use if required on the day.
- Public Footpath EE42 will be closed where it meets the exclusion zone around the works, as indicated by signs and barriers on site.
- The closure is for the safety of the public during demolition works, being carried out by DDS Demolition.
- These works are weather dependent, and the timing may be affected by adverse conditions.
- If conditions prevent the works going ahead on 11 March, they will be deferred until one of the following two Sundays.
- The roads to be closed are sections of the A256 Ramsgate Road, Sandwich and Sandwich Road & Richborough Way, Ramsgate.
Saturday, 10 March 2012
Richborough Power Station Demolition
Richborough Power Station cooling towers are to be demolished at 9.00am on Sunday 11th March. This is a demolition and not an event however you may wish to view this historic spectacle from one of the many vantage points around the area.